Array Box is a junction box which allows several photovoltaic strings (from 8 to 32) to be connected in parallel. The total DC power is then distributed to the photovoltaic inverter. It includes photovoltaic string protection, overvoltage protection and a DC output switch disconnector.
Benefits of Array Box
Minimize Power Plant downtime
Array Box allows you to provide accurate global monitoring for the power plant thanks to DC voltage and photovoltaic string current measurement. You are able to immediately locate a faulty string.
Security of the plant
Array box provides all necessary elements which participate to ensure the security of the system and personnel Protection against short circuits and surges Isolation of DC link through an integrated switch disconnector Safety opening control.
A preventive maintenance rather than a curative maintenance
It provides information for automatic detection of faulty strings but it also gives auxiliary indications such as the internal temperature, lightning protection end-of-life status or the state of the switch disconnector.
Reduce your on-the-field operation time
During commissioning you can check the strings connection and the status of each Array box from the inverter substation or the grid connection substation or even from a remote control room. Then, at any time, it is also possible to have remote control of the switch disconnector integrated in each Array box.
- Depending on the topology of your power plant, you can connect different meteorological sensors to any of the array boxes. This information is necessary for the monitoring solution to calculate theoretical energy production such as:
- Ambient temperature
- Temperature of solar panels
- Wind direction and velocity
Photovoltaic power plant or large building monitoring.
We provide the DC SPD BOX/AJB/SCB with the following features:-
- Fully Customized AJB/SCB/DCDB BOX
- Rating starts from 1kW to 250kW
- Best in quality components
- All test report certifications available
- IP20/54/65/IP66 PC or FRP Enclosures
- With built in surge protection
- Disconnector switch (Optional)